SEO and Website Design Process
(1) PROJECT DEFINITION
Our website design process begins by meeting with your team and mapping out the project. Because we’ll follow our process, we increase our chances of success.
- Business & Website Goals:
- Define business goals, communication & marketing plan, website target audience, goals to achieve with website.
- Assure these all sync together. If not, rework them.
- Your products, services, brand, culture, reputation, business practices, current analytics data & trends?
- Finally, your Industry, competitors, geography, locations, etc.
- Website Features & Specifications:
- Define so they match goals. Responsive site (always)? Blog? Podcast? Social Media? Forms? eCommerce? Pages?
- Scope Definition:
(2) RESEARCH & PLANNING
We’ll brainstorm ideas and concepts for the website. From these sessions, we want the following:
- User Profiling: We work out the target audience’s online profile. Their needs, styles, personality types, behaviors, patterns.
- Architecture: Map the content, structure, how users will access it. We’ll include page hierarchy & navigation. If you have existing content we may use it, otherwise, we’ll need to develop needed new content.
- Page Layout: Design the best layout for each page to drive the user experience.
- Mockup / Wireframe: Create a wireframe or example for the layout.
- Infrastructure: Choose a domain name, hosting CMS, other tools.
- SEO & Keyword Analysis: Define SEO & keyword strategy based on goals, user profiles, market, features, etc.
- Iterate: Design, test, iterate based on your feedback.
Designing the look and feel of the website.
- Color Scheme: The right color scheme will set the user’s experience, and match your brand.
- Media: Color scheme includes proper selection of images, video, audio content for the site and how presented to tie into your brand’s visual identity.
- Visual Elements: Buttons, menus, boxes, sliders, typography, etc that convey the brand message.
- Gather Key Data Elements: Name, address, phone, social media log-ins, Google Page, email addresses, etc.
- Iterate: Test & review, share, and iterate.
Developing: Where we build the real website, on a staging server.
- Framework / CMS: We either choose from our inventory of great previously-built templates. Or just make them to meet your needs.
- Security: We always factor in the security, for the website, as well as your customers.
- Features: And don’t forget to add in the fun stuff, make sure it all works together, bug free.
- Implement SEO & Keywords: We’ll make sure site naturally flows and contains keywords in the correct technical areas to rank. This includes other page elements to earn search engine respect.
- Performance: Analyze the performance and optimize it.
- Iterate: test, share, explain. Iterate.
Lets take the website live. After all, we’ve worked hard on it!
- Beta Testing: We’ll check the functionality, performance and security, fix broken links, spelling errors, etc. When we think its ready, we show the client and get sign off.
- Transfer Deliverables: Transfer site to the client’s domain name and hosting, if not hosting with us. Take it live!
- Transfer Deliverables: Provide documentation and training on how to manage basic website upkeep. That is, if not using us for maintenance.
Our website design process doesn’t end with site launch. A website requires hosting and regular maintenance.
- Support and Troubleshoot: Sign up for one of our website maintenance plans. We’ll take care of any kind of issues a user encounters, or issues with hosting, etc. This includes daily site backups, fix broken links, etc. We’ll also update your website to incorporate WordPress and plugin code updates.